Internship Outcomes and Expectations:
The Student Intern will be provided with a hands-on learning experience on various aspects of ministry in a diverse and growing church. They will develop in proficiency on real ministry related tasks and will gain an understanding of the day-to-day workings of the church. Considerable time will also be spent helping the intern to grow spiritually and to develop healthy habits and spiritual disciplines which will help them throughout life. The basic job description for every candidate is as follows:
- Internship available to students age 16-25.
- Must be able to commit to full 8-week program term.
- Student intern will be given books and are expected to complete all assigned weekly reading.
- Weekly assignments related to the books and spiritual growth are to be completed prior to meeting with leadership mentor every Monday morning.
- Student intern will participate in Tuesday staff meetings and receive weekly instruction for tasks.
- Student intern will attend Wednesday night UPRISE youth service and assist pastor with the service as directed.
- Work hours for the Student Intern are:
- Monday – 10am-5pm
- Tuesday – 10am-5pm
- Wednesday – 2pm-9pm
- Sunday – 8:30am-12:30pm
- Student must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Student intern is responsible to their leadership mentor and pastoral staff.
- Student intern is expected to have a committed relationship with Christ, and should be faithful, available, and teachable. Student interns are representatives of Christ and act as leaders within City Point Church. Therefore, their behavior and attitude should reflect this, and all Student Interns are expected to sign and adhere to a Leadership Honor Code.
In addition to these expectations described prior, there are three areas of focus for training in this program: Pastoral Administration, Worship, and Creative.
Those interested in the Administration program should have a desire for serving in an office staff capacity and can expect to learn about all the behind-the-scenes work involved in ministry. They’ll be responsible activities which contribute to the execution of special events and weekly services at City Point. Typical responsibilities may include:
- Working with staff and pastor to create weekly service guides and notes
- Preparing multimedia for use in service and for City Point App
- Coordinating with volunteers to setup and prepare for special events
- Work with pastoral staff and participate in Club 56 services each week.
Those interested in the Worship program should have a heart to share the love of Christ through praise and worship. Because of the nature of this program, they should have at least a novice’ proficiency in playing a musical instrument and/or singing. Each week, student interns in this program will be taught spiritual and practical principles to help them develop in their musical abilities and proficiency in leading worship. They will attend weekly practices wherein the Leadership Mentor will help them to prepare, participate in, and lead worship during Wednesday evening UPRISE youth services. Typical responsibilities may include:
- Weekly band practice
- Leading worship in Youth
- Assisting Youth Pastor before, during, and after service on Wednesday Night.
- Assist Pastor Julie Woods on Sunday mornings with duties related to City Point Band.
Those interested in the Creative program will have the opportunity to use their creativity to make multimedia elements which will be used for a wide-array of uses. They should have an eye for design and a basic proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere. In this program, LeadershipMentors will help the student intern develop in proficiency for creating graphics, videos, and copyright content for social media and the web. Typical responsibilities may include:
- Creating and/or formatting graphics for Sunday service screens, mobile app, and website
- Writing, filming, and editing service announcement videos
- Creating special use graphics for upcoming events.
- Preparing graphics and slides for UPRISE youth service.
- Training on ProPresenter to learn how to operate computer on Sunday mornings and Wednesday Youth Services.